The 2018 Newport Jazz Festival has added 17 more acts to its already stellar lineup as the third wave of artists was announced.
“Every year there are two or three sets I clear my schedule for, but I might have to up that number this year since there are at least four in this wave alone,” Jay Sweet, the festival’s executive producer, said in a press release.
The recently announced artists and the dates they are performing are as follows:
Friday, August 3, 2018
- R+R=NOW with Robert Glasper, Terrace Martin, Christian Scott aTunde Adjuah, Derrick Hodge, Taylor McFerrin & Justin Tyson
- Still Dreaming with Joshua Redman, Ron Miles, Scott Colley and Brian Blade
- Cory Henry & the Funk Apostles
- Marquis Hill Blacktet
- Alicia Olatuja
- Berklee Global Institute Workshop Ensembles
Saturday, August 4, 2018
- Jon Batiste
- Harold Mabern & Eric Alexander
- Roy Hargrove
- Charenée Wade
- University of Rhode Island Big Band under the direction of Joe Parillo
Sunday, August 5, 2018
- George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic
- Gregory Porter
- GoGo Penguin
- Nicole Mitchell’s Dusty Wings
- Harold Lopez-Nussa Trio
- Massachusetts Music Educators Association Jazz Ensemble under the direction of Darcy James Argue
The festival will take place from Aug. 3 to 5 at Fort Adams State Park and the International Tennis Hall of Fame at the Newport Casino. Visit www.newportjazz.org for the complete list of performers and ticket information.
WBGO Jazz 88.3FM, the official travel partner of the Newport Jazz Festival, is offering day trips and an exclusive weekend package. Details can be found on WBGO’s website.