Collings Guitars, based in Austin, Texas, has announced a new Julian Lage signature model guitar – the Collings OM1 JL. With a design that pays tribute to vintage and traditional steel-string guitars, the OM1 JL is a modern throwback, in keeping with Lage’s contemporary mastery of acoustic music.
Lage has been working with Collings since 2014, when he first met the company’s founder and owner, Bill Collings, with whom he collaborated to steer the production of the T (as in Traditional) series. Collings died in 2017, but the guitar’s design and production was already well under way. According to a news release from Collings, the guitar “features a custom neck profile modeled after Lage’s cherished 1939 Martin 000-18, which was for years his main touring acoustic.”
Key features include:
- Premium Sitka spruce top (or optional Adirondack spruce)
- Central American mahogany back and sides
- Custom satin nitrocellulose lacquer finish with hand rubbed neck
- Custom JL neck profile with 1 11/16″ nut width and 2 3/16″ saddle spacing
- Early script Collings logo inlay
- Relic nickel Waverly tuners with vintage oval buttons
- Collings Traditional handmade case
The OM1 JL model has a MSRP of $5,150 and is available through authorized Collings retailers.