A consortium of seven major jazz record labels will together issue Relief, a compilation album of previously unreleased recordings by a series of jazz stars, on November 12.
All net proceeds from the album—which will be available on LP and CD as well as in digital format—will go toward the Jazz Foundation of America’s COVID-19 Musicians’ Emergency Fund, a grant program that the nonprofit JFA established in 2020 to assist jazz musicians left unemployed by the pandemic.
The labels collaborating on the album include Blue Note Records, Concord Music Group, Mack Avenue Music Group, Nonesuch Records, Universal Music Group, Verve Label Group, and Warner Music Group.
The track listing is below. Relief can be preordered here.
- IRMA and LEO: “back to who” feat. Esperanza Spalding and Leo Genovese
- Christian McBride: “Brother Malcolm”
- Cécile McLorin Salvant: “Easy Come, Easy Go Blues”
- Kenny Garrett: “Joe Hen’s Waltz”
- Jon Batiste: “Sweet Lorraine”
- Hiromi: “Green Tea Farm” (2020 version)
- Joshua Redman: “Facts” feat. Ron Miles, Scott Colley, and Brian Blade
- Charles Lloyd & Kindred Spirits: “Lift Every Voice and Sing” (live)
- Herbie Hancock, Wallace Roney, Jimmy Heath, Buster Williams, and Albert “Tootie” Heath: “Gingerbread Boy” (live)