Several of music’s top artists have pitched in to help guitarist Jeff Golub, who suddenly lost his vision a few months ago. Golub has been undergoing extensive testing to diagnose his situation with the hope of finding a means to restore his vision.
The Help 4 Jeff Golub Online Auction has been created with contributions from many of Golub’s colleagues, friends, and fans. One hundred percent of the proceeds will go towards Golub’s medical expenses.
A sampling of the items:
* John Mayer Autographed Music and Collectables Package
* Autographed James Taylor “Sweet Baby James” printed cello/vocal part from one of his personal set of parts
* Sheila E. Autographed 11″ Toca Conga
* Steve Lukather Music & Toto Concert Memorabilia
* Rod Stewart Autographed Sales Award for album Still the Same-Great Rock Classics of our Time 2006
* Autographed limited-edition, Yamaha Custom EX Alto Saxophone signed by Dave Koz, Mindi Abair, Kirk Whalum, Boney James, Richard Elliot, Gerald Albright, Warren Hill, Eric Marienthal and Michael Lington
* A Private Concert with Peter White and Euge Groove
* 2-Person Deluxe Stateroom with Veranda for the Smooth Jazz Cruise 2012 (Week 1 to the Caribbean)
* Richard Elliot Alto Saxophone with Tiger-Stripe Finish
* 3-Night VIP Package for 2 Guests to Earl Klugh’s Weekend of Jazz at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs (includes airfare credit), April 12-14, 2012
* A lifetime subscription to JazzTimes magazine.
More items are expected from Sarah McLachlan, Marcus Miller and others.Originally Published