In a move born of necessity but epitomizing creativity, the annual Jazz at Lincoln Center gala concert will this year comprise an international summit available to everyone with an Internet connection. Artists from remote locations in Belgium, Brazil, Cuba, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Pakistan, Russia, South Africa, Spain, and the U.S., including Cécile McLorin Salvant, Chucho Valdés, and the WDR Big Band, will join the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra—led by superstar trumpeter Wynton Marsalis—in a wide-ranging concert that will be facilitated online.
The concert will premiere at 7:30 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, April 15, and will be available for streaming thereafter.
The program for the Worldwide Concert for Our Culture is as follows.
- Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis (U.S.) – “Emancipation Celebration”
- Chucho Valdés (Cuba) – “My Foolish Heart”
- Cécile McLorin Salvant / Sullivan Fortner (U.S.) – “I Love You”
- Chano Dominguez (Spain) – “Well, You Needn’t”
- Nduduzo Makhathini (South Africa) – “Acknowledgement”
- Dianne Reeves (U.S.) – “Smile”
- Richard Galliano (France) – Medley: “’Round Midnight/I Wish You Love/The Waltz in Margaux”
- Hamilton de Holanda (Brazil) – “Overture Medley: Tico Tico no Fubá/Mistura e Manda/1”x10”/All the Things You Are”
- Baqir Abbas (Pakistan) – “In a Sentimental Mood”
- Igor Butman (Russia) – “Mack the Knife”
- Brussels Jazz Orchestra (Belgium) – “Only for the Honest”
- WDR Big Band (Germany) – “Take Five”