JazzBoston's Jazz Week '09
Apr 25 - May 03, 2009
Officially proclaimed by Boston Mayor Thomas M. Menino and Cambridge Mayor E. Denise Simmons, and coordinated and promoted by JazzBoston, Jazz Week ’09 will shine the spotlight on musicians of all generations, both internationally known and Boston-based, as they perform jazz of every style.
Jazz Week ’09 highlights include:
· A series of free afternoon and evening programs at the Boston Public Library in Copley Square, including the Boston premiere of the historic film of masters who shaped the course of jazz, “The Music Inn”
- Special menu pricing and jazz-themed dishes at many of the same restaurants that participated in the city’s recent “Restaurant Week”
- A series of free jazz shows on Fan Pier as part of the Volvo Ocean Race festivities
- A free concert at the State House celebrating 40 Years of Jazz at New England Conservatory
- A special “Jazz Meets Salsa” night at the Center for Latino Arts
- Discounts and free tickets for selected shows at participating venues
- Live jazz at Fenway Park, including a jazz rendition of the National Anthem.
There will be more free and low-cost events than ever before, and they’ll take place in venues all over the Greater Boston area — from clubs, museums, and churches to libraries, universities, hotels, and community centers. Check the JazzBoston website, www.jazzboston.org, for Jazz Week ’09 updates.
JazzBoston (for information on Jazz Week)
Jerry Bergonzi, Dominique Eade, Chick Corea, John McLaughlin, Donal Fox, Cindy Blackman, Christian McBride, George Garzone, Cyrus Chestnut, Don Byron, Lisa Thorson, Bob Moses, Laszlo Gardony, Allan Holdsworth, Billy Novick, Either Orchestra, Shelley Neill, Grace Kelly, Jason Palmer , The Fringe, and Edmar Castaneda
Do you know more details about this event? Add them!