Listed in no particular order
1) A High School music student gets the front page Headlines of his school newspaper for nailing the Clifford Brown “Cherokee” transcription and solo performance in the State High School Jazz band competition. This paper gives equal front page coverage for the Varsity Football player who scores the winning touchdown in this year’s State Championship football game.
2) The $300.00 spent on one Madonna concert ticket last year, is spent this year on 10 local jazz performances, house concerts, and a college/city Jazz festival. The $50 dollars left is anonymously dropped in a tip jar for the solo jazz guitarist performing at a local Coffee Shop.
3) People think about how they feed their ears the same way an athlete thinks about how he/she feeds the body.
4) When people hear Norah Jones, Michael Buble or Diana Krall, they ask themselves, what else is out there that I have not yet discovered? Then they actually explore and answer the question for themselves and share their findings with friends.
5) Doctors confirm that dancing to live Big Band Music for a one hour set, is more beneficial to health and fitness than any product sold on any infomercial ever. Jazz club owners accept Thigh Masters, Ab Busters, and old Jane Fonda exercise videos as cover charges. The plastic and metal are recycled and used to make new saxophone mouthpieces.
6) CNN airs the “shocking news” feature story about the shortage of qualified bass trombone and baritone sax players needed for the demand generated with item 5 above. University Music programs are scrambling to create incentive programs to attract those who quit band in 10th grade to try out for the offensive line football positions only to sustain and injury when landed on by a 300 pound defensive lineman during Spring practice. Early reports show the programs are working, enrollment is up!
More Articles in Community Articles
I CALLED HIM MORGAN: SWEDISH FILM ON LEE MORGAN TO BE SHOWN FOR THE FIRST TIME IN EUROPE AT THE VENICE FILM FESTIVAL! by LARRY RENI THOMAS
Larry Reni Thomas
Day 2 of the Provincetown Jazz Festival, the Cotuit Edition, featured Evan Christopher and Nicki Parrott
Billy Stritch and Scott Avidon debut at the 12th Annual Provincetown Jazz Festival
Motema Music Presents Ben Wendel - What We Bring Featuring Gerald Clayton, Joe Sanders & Henry Cole
Jason Paul Harman Byrne
A User's Guide to the Panama Jazz Festival
Matt Slocum Presents Trio Pacific, Vol. 1 - Featuring Dayna Stephens, Steve Cardenas & Matt Slocum
Jason Paul Harman Byrne