Listed in no particular order
1) A High School music student gets the front page Headlines of his school newspaper for nailing the Clifford Brown “Cherokee” transcription and solo performance in the State High School Jazz band competition. This paper gives equal front page coverage for the Varsity Football player who scores the winning touchdown in this year’s State Championship football game.
2) The $300.00 spent on one Madonna concert ticket last year, is spent this year on 10 local jazz performances, house concerts, and a college/city Jazz festival. The $50 dollars left is anonymously dropped in a tip jar for the solo jazz guitarist performing at a local Coffee Shop.
3) People think about how they feed their ears the same way an athlete thinks about how he/she feeds the body.
4) When people hear Norah Jones, Michael Buble or Diana Krall, they ask themselves, what else is out there that I have not yet discovered? Then they actually explore and answer the question for themselves and share their findings with friends.
5) Doctors confirm that dancing to live Big Band Music for a one hour set, is more beneficial to health and fitness than any product sold on any infomercial ever. Jazz club owners accept Thigh Masters, Ab Busters, and old Jane Fonda exercise videos as cover charges. The plastic and metal are recycled and used to make new saxophone mouthpieces.
6) CNN airs the “shocking news” feature story about the shortage of qualified bass trombone and baritone sax players needed for the demand generated with item 5 above. University Music programs are scrambling to create incentive programs to attract those who quit band in 10th grade to try out for the offensive line football positions only to sustain and injury when landed on by a 300 pound defensive lineman during Spring practice. Early reports show the programs are working, enrollment is up!
More Articles in Community Articles
Billy Childs Quartet Dinner Jazz Concert
M.F. Production's Latin Jazz All Start Dinner Jazz Concert
One Astounding Cat: Alto Saxophonist Jon Katz
57th GRAMMY NOMINATIONS RECOGNIZE NEW ENGLAND CONSERVATORY MUSICIANS
Jazz Crooner Michael Egleton Dazzles Fans Worldwide!
Michelle "Chella" Magee
iTUNES NAMES THE COOKERS "TIME AND TIME AGAIN" THE 2014 "JAZZ ALBUM OF THE YEAR"!!, NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED, WINTER JAZZFEST PERFORMANCE ANNOUNCED!
Jason Paul Harman Byrne