Online Auction for Guitarist Jeff Golub’s Medical Needs Created
Jazz and pop artists contribute to help save vision of guitarist
Several of music’s top artists have pitched in to help guitarist Jeff Golub, who suddenly lost his vision a few months ago. Golub has been undergoing extensive testing to diagnose his situation with the hope of finding a means to restore his vision.
The Help 4 Jeff Golub Online Auction has been created with contributions from many of Golub’s colleagues, friends, and fans. One hundred percent of the proceeds will go towards Golub’s medical expenses.
A sampling of the items:
* John Mayer Autographed Music and Collectables Package
* Autographed James Taylor “Sweet Baby James” printed cello/vocal part from one of his personal set of parts
* Sheila E. Autographed 11” Toca Conga
* Steve Lukather Music & Toto Concert Memorabilia
* Rod Stewart Autographed Sales Award for album Still the Same—Great Rock Classics of our Time 2006
* Autographed limited-edition, Yamaha Custom EX Alto Saxophone signed by Dave Koz, Mindi Abair, Kirk Whalum, Boney James, Richard Elliot, Gerald Albright, Warren Hill, Eric Marienthal and Michael Lington
* A Private Concert with Peter White and Euge Groove
* 2-Person Deluxe Stateroom with Veranda for the Smooth Jazz Cruise 2012 (Week 1 to the Caribbean)
* Richard Elliot Alto Saxophone with Tiger-Stripe Finish
* 3-Night VIP Package for 2 Guests to Earl Klugh’s Weekend of Jazz at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs (includes airfare credit), April 12-14, 2012
* A lifetime subscription to JazzTimes magazine.
More items are expected from Sarah McLachlan, Marcus Miller and others.
If you have any questions or would like to contribute to the auction, please contact [email protected] or visit Help 4 Jeff Golub.