11-CD Wynton Marsalis Boxed Set Due
Collection recaps trumpeter/composer’s prolific 1999-2000 output
In honor of his 50th birthday, Columbia/Legacy will release an 11-CD Wynton Marsalis boxed set, Swinging Into the 21st. Nine albums released during the years 1999 and 2000, plus the two-CD All Rise (recorded in Los Angeles three days after 9/11, and released in 2002) will be packaged together as an extremely limited edition direct-to-consumer exclusive. Swinging Into the 21st will be available only at Complete.Popmarket.com and WyntonMarsalis.org beginning October 18.
A single-disc, 14-track version, Selections From Swinging Into the 21st, will be available the same day.
Individually, the 10 album titles in the box are as follows:
• A Fiddler’s Tale (released March 1999)
• Standard Time, Vol. 4: Marsalis Plays Monk (April 1999)
• At The Octoroon Balls (June 1999)
• A Fiddler’s Tale Suite (June 1999)
• Big Train (July 1999)
• Sweet Release & Ghost Story (August 1999)
• Standard Time, Vol. 6 – Mr. Jelly Lord (September 1999)
• Reeltime (November 1999)
• Selections From The Village Vanguard Box (March 2000)
• The Marciac Suite (August 2000)
• All Rise (October 2002)